- Monday-Friday 09:00 - 06:00
Saturday 09:00 - 04:00
Phone: 91-95736 05000
Ask the Experts
Lung cancer, mediastinal tumors, mesothelioma, and chest wall tumors are all treated in thoracic oncology. Lung cancer is the most frequent type of cancer which is usually seen in smokers and is classified into small cell and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Small cell cancers are usually found in the advanced stage and are treated with chemotherapy alone. Even many of the NSCLC tumors are also found in an advanced stage by the time symptoms develop. Horizon Cancer Care provides lung cancer screening for individuals at risk and diagnostic services for symptomatic or suspected patients. These include the following:
- PET / CT scan
- Thoracocentesis or CT-guided guide biopsies (pleural effusion cytology)
- Bronchoscopy and cytology/biopsy
- End bronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Molecular genetics and histopathology services that is second to none
Thoracic Onco surgery
Dr Srinivas Prasad has deep knowledge in thoracic Oncology and has expertise in highly specialized technologies and surgical methods to remove tumors of the lung, mediastinum, pleura and chest wall.
Lung Cancer Surgery
Each lung is the union of few smaller portions called lobes. Thus, tumors arising or confined to one lobe can be successfully removed by an operation called Lobectomy where most of the remaining lung is preserved. Only when the tumor is large and involves other lobes, an entire lung needs to be removed, and this is accomplished through an operation called Pneumonectomy.
At Horizon Cancer Care, these operations are carried out meticulously and by VATS (Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery) approach, whenever feasible. Also, metastatic tumors to lungs from other organs are also addressed with VATS operations. Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) helps in shorter hospital stay / Faster recovery / Significantly less pain / Reduced blood loss
Alternatively, we are associated with state-of-the-art facilities to treat patients who are at high risk for surgery with non-surgical methods like:
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA)
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery (SRS): True beam STX/ Cyberknife
These tumors within the chest arise from structures other than lung and its coverings like thymus gland, node in the mediastinum, nerves or supportive tissue
The thymus is a lymphoid organ situated within the chest behind the upper portion of the sternal bone. Localized thymic tumors like thymoma, carcinoma and carcinoid are usually treated by surgery (VATS/open), however Locally advanced tumors are treated with Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
Mediastinal Lymphomas are primarily treated with chemotherapy
- Horizon Cancer Care has special experience in treating a special type of curable mediastinal tumors in young adults known as Germ cell tumors with chemotherapy and surgery
- Rare mediastinal tumors like Sarcomas and neurogenic tumors are treated effectively with surgery
These Tumors arise from the pleura (the lining of the lungs) or the peritoneum (the lining of the abdomen). Benign tumors like Adenomatoid and solitary fibrous tumors are surgically removed.
Pleural and peritoneal mesothelioma are treated with intrapleural heated chemotherapy (HITOC) after cytoreductive surgery (CRS), a treatment quite similar to HIPEC.
Why Choose Horizon Cancer Care
- Expertise in lung cancer management
- Targeted and immunotherapy
- Minimally invasive surgery (VATS)
- Intrapleural heated chemotherapy (HITOC) after cytoreductive surgery (CRS)
- Know more- connect to peritoneal Surface Malignancy in Gynac