Thyroid and Endocrine Surgery
We offer complete and innovative expertise at Horizon cancer Care. Dr Srinivas Prasad has vast experience in thyroid, parathyroid and other endocrine surgery, diagnosing, treating, and managing every type of endocrine diseases and tumors (benign & malignant) affecting the thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, and adrenal glands.
Types of Endocrine tumors we treat :
Surgical Specialty Care for Endocrine Cancers
-Experienced expert pathologist & advanced thyroid molecular testing has reduced the need for surgery to diagnose thyroid nodules
-Meticulous, delicate and best possible thyroid operation with extensive nodal dissections.
– Intraoperative Frozen section biopsy confirmation of benign nodules, to avoid total thyroidectomy
– Voice preservation by meticulous nerve dissection and by nerve monitoring
– Preservation of parathyroid glands and function
– Postoperative radioactive iodine ablation for thyroid cancer to reduce recurrence
-Ultrasound and nuclear medicine localization of parathyroid tumors
-Intra-operative parathyroid hormone (PTH) testing to ensure removal of abnormal parathyroid glands.
– Frozen section confirmation
Adrenal gland tumors:
Minimally invasive (laparoscopic ) surgery
Thorough preoperative preparation of pheochromocytoma, to avoid intraoperative hypertensive crisis
Distal pancreatectomy or radical Whipple’s surgery based on-site, size & nature of tumor.