Horizon cancer care is a one-stop solution for all urological tumors. For cancers of the bladder, kidney, prostate, urethra, genitals and testes, we offer diagnosis, screening, advanced treatment and surgical expertise.
Today 70% of patients with kidney tumors are found incidentally during an imaging study (such as an Ultrasound, CT or MRI). Early kidney tumors are curable. The Treatment options we offer:
Active surveillance: For small indeterminate tumors
Partial Nephrectomy: Only removes tumor & preserves kidney function. Preferable in patients with high blood pressure, diabetes, tumors in both kidneys and only one kidney
Radical Nephrectomy: Complete removal of kidney, when tumor is large or not suitable for partial nephrectomy.
Tumor Ablation: Those who are unable to undergo surgery with small tumors, can be treated without operation by the following methods
- Cryoablation uses a very cold gas such as liquid nitrogen released through the probe to freeze the cancer cells, killing them.
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) uses radio waves to generate extreme heat in the tumor, thereby destroying it.
- Microwave Ablation uses microwaves to generate the heat necessary to destroy the tumor.
Targeted therapy & Immunotherapy: For more advanced disease outside of the kidney
Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer found in men and usually begins without symptoms and frequently diagnosed in advanced stages.
We offer the following latest and most advanced care for both early and late-stage prostate cancer:
- Active surveillance: for small, asymptomatic, low PSA tumors in the elderly.
- Nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy: for early-stage disease
- Brachytherapy,/ External beam radiotherapy: for elderly & not suitable for surgery
- Hormone therapy (HT) and Radiation Therapy (RT): locally advanced prostate cancer or who are not suitable for surgery.
In widespread metastatic disease, surgical orchidectomy (removal of testicles) or medical (hormone therapy) castration and chemotherapy are used.
Our complete urologic cancer program offers the latest bladder cancer treatments and a full range of advanced services tailored to your needs. We offer
- Transurethral Resection for Bladder Tumor (TUR-BT):
- Intra vesical BCG/Chemotherapy: To prevent recurrence afterTURBT
- Bladder Preservation Therapy: Using TURBT with both chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Radical Cystectomy: In muscle invasive carcinoma of the bladder
- Urinary diversion ( ileal conduit ) or Orthotropic Neo bladder reconstruction
Seen in young males at reproductive age and can be treated with high cure rates. Usually present with painless testicular swelling. We offer personalized care that includes the latest testicular cancer treatments in surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Radical (inguinal) orchidectomy
- Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection (RPLND): For post chemotherapy nodal residue
- Metastasectomy: Resection of post chemotherapy residual metastatic disease
It affects the penis, which is as a part of the urinary system. Usually seen in individuals with poor genital hygiene & infections with Human pailoma virus. Treated by partial /total penectomy/moh’s micrographic surgery (MMS)/ inguinal block dissections.