- Monday-Friday 09:00 - 06:00
Saturday 09:00 - 04:00
Phone: 91-95736 05000
Ask the Experts
Sarcoma/Bone (Musculoskeletal tumors)
Soft tissues usually refer to muscle, fat, nerves, tendons, and vessels of the circulatory and lymphatic systems. Tumors of soft tissue and bone can be benign or cancerous (called sarcoma). Sarcomas are more commonly seen in children than adults. People with sarcoma may notice a painless lump in soft tissue or a painful bone enlargement as their first sign.
Many people don't realize they have soft tissue sarcoma until an unrelated injury brings their attention to that portion of their body. Sarcoma can arise in any part of the body, the most common being in limbs. These tumors have the tendency to recur and spread to the lungs.
Common Types of Tumors
- Lipoma, nerve tumor (neurofibroma/schwannoma), ganglion, and desmoid are all benign conditions.
- Sarcomas include rhabdomyosarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, liposarcoma, and fibrosarcoma, among others.
- Enchondroma, aneurysmal bone cyst, and giant cell tumor are all benign.
- Sarcomas include osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Ewings sarcoma, and others.
Sarcoma Diagnosis and Staging
It's possible that not all soft tissue and bone tumors are malignant. Horizon Cancer Care performs minimally invasive biopsies and uses cutting-edge diagnostic imaging and procedures to identify sarcoma (MRI/CT/PET). Our pathology service fulfils international standards and is capable of diagnosing even the most unusual disorders, which is critical for sarcoma treatment.
Sarcoma Specialty Care Services
Sarcoma Surgery: Surgery is the most common treatment for soft tissue and bone malignancies. The success of treatment depends on the quality of surgical clearance. One needs to have extensive knowledge of anatomy and reconstructive methods.
With over two decades of experience, Horizon Cancer Care makes every effort to remove these tumors with the best outcomes and least morbidity. Our tissue reconstructive methods will provide the best cosmetic outcome with good functional preservation.
Our sarcoma surgeries include
- Limb-Sparing Surgery for soft tissue sarcoma thus avoiding the limb being removed.
- Limb Sparing Surgery (LSS) for bone tumors with Mega prosthesis reconstruction
- Surgery for retroperitoneal sarcoma with multi-organ resection if needed.
- Resection of the chest wall and clavicle tumors
- Shoulder and pelvic girdle resections
- Head & Neck Sarcoma Surgery
- Various types of amputations (including forequarter and hindquarter) hemipelvectomy etc.
- Curettage & bone cement/graft for Giant Cell Tumors
- Plastic or Reconstructive Surgery helps restore the body’s cosmetic appearance or physical function.
- Surgery for Recurrent or Metastatic Sarcoma
Radiation treatment after surgery helps to reduce future recurrences in larger high-grade sarcomas. To improve the outcome, Horizon cancer care is associated with the latest radiation technologies such as a) EBRT & b) Brachytherapy with a High-Dose Rate (HDR) which reduces harm to healthy tissue and allows for a higher dose of radiation than other approaches, making treatment more effective.
We offer latest pre operative chemotherapy regimen for osteosarcoma & Ewing's sarcoma.